A breakdown can be risky, especially on a highway. The most prevalent cause of breakdowns, especially during the colder months, is a faulty battery. If there is a problem with your car’s battery, you may be unable to start your vehicle. The battery powers the starter motor of an automobile, and the engine then turn the alternator to replenish the battery. You can always call a Fawkner Towing and discuss your needs.
A typical cause of dead batteries is forgetting to turn off the lights when the vehicle’s motor is turned off. However, there is also a reasonable likelihood that the battery difficulties will result from taking many short trips or having an inadequate electrical connection.
- Letting your automobile sit idle for an extended period or using it for only short distances
- A defective component
- There could be an issue with the car’s charging mechanism, a problem with the battery itself, or simply old age.
Some Things To Do To Avoid Faulty Battery
- When you step out of the car, don’t forget to turn off the radio, the lights, and anything else. Even though taking the key out of the ignition might not turn off the lights, most new vehicles feature a warning sound that says “lights on” that plays whenever the door is opened.
- Because of this, if you don’t go on many extended trips, your battery won’t get a chance to charge very often fully. You can solve this problem by setting it overnight, approximately once every two weeks.
- When you take your automobile to the garage, you should ensure that all the connections are in good working order and that the battery terminals are free of corrosion and spotless.
- In addition, the warranty on most automotive batteries is only suitable for between three and five years, which means that you are living on borrowed time after that point. Getting rid of it before it starts letting you down is best.
Maintain Your Safety By Adhering To These Procedures:
- Make every effort to get off the highway or into one of the laybys.
- If you cannot do so, go as far away from the road as possible while remaining cautious of ditches and soft verges.
- Put on your headlights and your emergency flashers. It is essential to maintain as much visibility as you can.
- You can let Fawkner Towing know if you need assistance by calling us. We are the best towing service
- Make a phone call to a close friend or member of your family and let them know where you are.
- Hold your position outside the vehicle, preferably behind a barrier, and wait there. If you can, move up the embankment while remaining upstream of the cars moving toward you.
- Stand in a secure location farther back along the road if your automobile is blocking the roadway and the view of the obstruction is blocked by a bend or another feature of the road so that you can alert other drivers of the potential danger.
Fawkner Towing Melbourne
18 Emma St, Fawkner VIC 3060
CALL US – (03) 4050 4989